If you are just hoping to get all the Crafting Motifs in ESO by running into them while playing you will be waiting a long time. The rare motifs have very low drop rates so if you want to have them all you will have to either buy them or farm them. I will be showing you the best way to farm motifs so you can craft gear in any style you want.
The first thing you need to know is what zones do the motifs you want spawn in.
Your Factions Level 1-50 Zones:
- Racial Motifs 1: The High Elves
- Racial Motifs 2: The Dark Elves
- Racial Motifs 3: The Wood Elves
- Racial Motifs 4: The Nords
- Racial Motifs 5: The Bretons
- Racial Motifs 6: The Redguards
- Racial Motifs 7: The Khajiit
- Racial Motifs 8: The Orcs
- Racial Motifs 9: The Argonians
- Racial Motifs 10: Imperial Cyrods
Your Factions Veteran Rank 1-5 Zones:
- Racial Motifs 12: Barbaric
- Racial Motifs 13: Primal
Your Factions Veteran Rank 6-10 Zones:
- Racial Motifs 11: Ancient Elves
- Racial Motifs 14: Daedric
Next you will have to find a building with a lot of Desks, Dressers, Trunks ect. because looting these will drop motifs. Once you have found a good location to farm motifs loot everything in the room logout then log back in and you will be able to loot a bunch of objects again. You just repeat this over and over again until you get all the motifs you want.
This can get very boring but it’s the fastest way to farm crafting motifs, you will also get tons of cooking recipes and styling materials that are required to craft different style gear. You can also sell all the motifs you get but this is a very tedious way to farm gold, there are also much better and faster methods of making gold. Check out our Gold Making Guide if you want to find out more about better strategies to make gold in The Elder Scrolls Online.